- Medicines for external use
- Salicylic acid VALENTIS 10 mg/ml cutaneous solution 40ml/ 80ml
Salicylic acid VALENTIS 10 mg/ml cutaneous solution 40ml/ 80ml
Salicylic acid enhances removal of horny layer of epithelium cells, but does not affect the live cells.
Salicylic acid Valentis is used cutaneously for antiseptic, irritating and keratolytic effect in case of skin diseases and for prophylaxis of bedsores.
Always take Salicylic acid Valentis exactly as stated in this lealfet or as your doctor has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Moisten a cotton pad with salicylic acid and apply on skin (damaged areas) several times a day (2 – 3 times).
This medicine should not be used in children under 2 years of age.
Do not use Salicylic acid Valentis:
- if you are hypersensitive to salicylic acid and/or any excipient of this product;
- if you have acute form of disease;
- on open wound, mucous membrane in eyes;
- in case of weeping eczema;
- for children under 2 years old.
Take special care with Salicylic acid Valentis:
- Check on the small skin area if there is no hypersensibility to salicylic acid.
- Avoid salicylic acid solution get into eyes, on mucous membrane and chapped skin.
- If salyciclic acid gets into open wound, on mucous membrane or in eyes, whash it out with plenty of clean water.
- Large area of skin should not be treated in the same time, especially if there is heamophyllia and blood clotting disorders. If the large skin area is treated with this preparation, the symptoms of salicylism may occur (especially for children and patients with renal and hepatic impairment).
- If the risk of toxic effect occurs, then preparations that increase concentration of salicylates in blood should be avoided.
- For children under 12 years of age and patients with renal and hepatic impairment, salicylic acid can be used only on the small skin area and treatment should be monitored by doctor.
- If skin burning sensation occurs it shall be washed with soda solution and warm water.
- You should consult Your doctor or pharmacist if condition does not improve after 4 weeks.